Julie Behrman, co-owner of Purple Cow Therapy, is a nationally certified and state-licensed Speech Language Pathologist.
She has lived in the Milwaukee metropolitan area since 1985 and is excited that her clinical practice affords her the opportunity to give back to the community she calls home.
Julie was born and raised in Chicago, IL. After high school, she attended Marquette University, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Theology. She later returned to Marquette University where she completed her Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology. As a Speech Language Pathologist, Julie has worked in a variety of settings with diverse pediatric populations, including children who are medically fragile or display congenital defects and syndromes.
A strong advocate for continuing education, Julie received advanced training in pediatric feeding and swallowing then pursued certification as a lactation specialist, in the interest of providing more comprehensive care.
Certifications and Training
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech and Hearing Association
- License to practice Speech Language Pathology, State of Wisconsin
- Certified Lactation Consultant, Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice
- LiPS® Program for children with speech and reading disorders
- Get Permission© Approach for children with sensory-based feeding disorders